We’re Kazan Law and we’re proud to bring you and your patients MesotheliomaCircle.org, a site dedicated to supporting mesothelioma patients and their families with information about mesothelioma symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments.
We support the mesothelioma community in a number of ways. We have provided substantial financial support for the International Mesothelioma Interest Group conferences since 2006. We are honored to have been selected to present our own research at the 2012, 2014 and 2016 conferences. Steven Kazan discusses our presentations at the 2016 conference in the video below.
At Kazan Law, we help mesothelioma patients and their families access funds that responsible companies and insurers have set aside specifically to compensate them for their asbestos-related disease and the resulting medical bills and loss of income.
Another important part of our practice is helping physicians fulfill their legal obligations, including those outlined by the American Thoracic Society (ATS):
- Physicians should advise patients and their surrogates that mesothelioma is almost always a compensable disease.1
- The diagnosis…imposes a duty to inform the patient…that he or she may have legal or adjudication options for compensation.2
Kazan Law also can help you with all reports mandated by Medicare, labor departments, and coroners. Plus, we confirm that insurers receive required repayments.
The Lancet, the Wall Street Journal, and the US Chamber Institute for Legal Reform have recognized Kazan Law as among the most important resources in asbestos disease law.3-5 See why.
For you and your patients, we have prepared a new guide to choosing an asbestos attorney. Download it here.
For additional information, please visit www.kazanlaw.com.
1. Kuschner WG, et al, Missed Opportunities to Counsel Patients With Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma About Causation and Potential Compensation. Presented as an abstract at the 2011 American Thoracic Society International Conference. Am J Med Sci, 2012u;343(3):206-9.
2. American Thoracic Society, Diagnosis and Initial Management of Nonmalignant Diseases Related to Asbestos. Adopted by the ATS Board of Directors, December 12, 2003. www.thoracic.org/statements/resources/asbestos.pdf.
3. Robinson BWS, et al. Malignant mesothelioma, The Lancet, Vol 366, 2005; page 397. [“Useful websites” include mesothelioma-facts.com, sponsored by Kazan Law.] 4. Searcey D and Barry R, As asbestos claims rise, so do worries about fraud. Wall Street Journal, March 11, 2013.
5. US Chamber Institute for Legal Reform, The new lawsuit ecosystem: trends, targets, and players. October 2013; page 42.