The mesothelioma law firm of Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, A Professional Law Corporation (Kazan Law) was founded in 1974. As pioneers in asbestos litigation, the mesothelioma lawyers at Kazan Law have represented clients across the United States, and in Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
Kazan Law’s practice is limited to cases involving catastrophic injury and death from exposure to asbestos. Our 25 California mesothelioma attorneys and more than 40 support staff are dedicated to obtaining justice and peace of mind for asbestos exposure victims and their families.
Extensive knowledge and experience
As a result of our practice focus, Kazan Law attorneys have the breadth and depth of experience required to fully litigate all aspects of asbestos and mesothelioma cases. We have successfully pursued responsible parties in cases involving:
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Bankruptcy trust funds
- Negligence and punitive damages causes of action in third party civil cases
Kazan Law attorneys have been instrumental in winning precedent-setting rulings by the California Appellate and Supreme Courts. All of the principals and many of the associates have extensive trial experience.
Meet the Kazan Law Partners
At Kazan Law we work on a contingency basis, which means fees are taken only after the completion of trial or settlement. We don’t ask for fees up front. Our attorneys are prepared to handle the complex matters involved in your mesothelioma case.
It is often possible to pursue action against a number of defendants, including manufacturers and distributors of asbestos-containing materials. Kazan Law’s mesothelioma lawyers will be able to assess your circumstances and determine the best strategy for gaining compensation and justice.
Over the last 38 years, Kazan Law mesothelioma lawyers have won many landmark cases and achieved many large settlements from asbestos manufacturers, distributors, contractors, premises owners, and the insurance companies who represent them.
Making a difference
We invite you to review the outstanding background and accomplishments of all of our mesothelioma lawyers. A few examples of types of services we provide and how we are committed to making a difference include:
Service on the creditors’ committees for asbestos disease victims in the reorganizations or bankruptcies of asbestos companies that sought to avoid their responsibility under the bankruptcy laws, examples of which include: Babcock & Wilcox, Combustion Engineering, and Owens-Corning.
Service on the Trustee Advisory Committees for Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts established in the above cases through the reorganization processes.
- Membership on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for Asbestos Multi-District Litigation (MDL) for cases filed in Federal Courts throughout the United States.
- Membership on numerous asbestos victim compensation trust advisory committees.
- Testifying before the U.S. Congress, expressing concerns of victims and putting forth recommendation on asbestos litigation for the American Bar Association.
- Frequently being featured at asbestos litigation conferences around the world, and a much sought after subject matter experts by the legal and general press.
Giving back to the community
Kazan Law also maintains a pro bono practice on behalf of labor organizations and public interest groups. In addition, our attorneys are active in and on the boards of many organizations, such as the:
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- Cal/OSHA’s Advisory Committee
- National Lawyers Guild
- Santa Clara County Committee on Occupational Safety and Health
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County
- Public Justice
- American Association for Justice
Results that matter
Click here [needs link] to obtain more information about some of the firm’s significant trial verdicts and appellate decisions.
Serving mesothelioma victims and their families for more than three decades
From offices in Oakland, California, Kazan Law has been serving victims of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases for more than 38 years. For a no-cost evaluation of your potential case with one of our experienced California asbestos attorneys, contact us today by calling 1-866-804-2311 or online. [needs link]